Our Back to School Instagram Contest is over and winners have been announced! Thanks to everyone that participated. We have some fiercely fashionable friends.
$100 gift card Grand Prize Winner for most likes:
Congratulations to @nataliagonchav
$50 Gift Card Winners:
If you are a winner, Uptown Cheapskate commented on your image!
Claim your prize by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (801) 359-0071 ext. 117.
View all submissions on the web! See full contest rules here.
Meet an Uptown Cheapskate Buyer: Kacey Anderson – Lake Forest, CA
Julie | August 19, 2014
Being a buyer at Uptown Cheapskate gives me the opportunity to see all the style trends people are targeting this season. I love being able to look first hand at what’s selling and what cuts/fabrics are most on trend right now. My favorite part of working at Uptown is selecting outfits for customers! No matter what they’re into there’s always something I can find for them at the store. My co-workers and I try our best to be more than your average thrift store. We love when people are checking out and don’t even realize we’re a resale store! Working at a clothing store has turned me into a major shopaholic, which is why I love Uptown’s hugely discounted prices! I am never able to pinpoint what type of “style” I have. I try to incorporate all fashion trends into my daily looks. Some staple trends I’ve been wearing lately are the classic combo of black and white, crop tops paired with cut off denim or skater skirts, plaid skirts and flannels, fringe, and I’m still trying to throw in leather somewhere every now and then. I find all these styles at Uptown and other thrift stores in the area. There are always treasures that can be found with thrift shopping!
Here is one trend that will be sure to bring the spotlight. For a bold look, try a metallic statement piece like a gold dress or matte metallic blazer. Wear it with fewer accessories, and more muted colors to keep from going overboard. Metallics pair well with neutral colors like greys, pinks, creams, blacks and whites. They’re also a great way to quickly jazz up a lackluster outfit, or transition a daytime look to a night-life number. Try a gold belt with a solid dress, or shiny silver shoes with cropped jeans and blazer over a neutral v-neck tee. Grab a metallic clutch and statement silver bracelet and you’ll have just the bling you’ll need. Check out our Pinterest board for even more metallic ideas!
And remember, confidence is the most important accessory.
The school season is near and to gear up for fall, every man and woman needs a good plaid piece in their wardrobe. This essential layering must-have can be worn over a dress, tied around your waist or worn with a great pair of skinny jeans. This trend has turned into a classic coming into the back-to-school months and now is a fashionista staple!
Enter to win a gift card!
Snap a photo on Instagram of
your first day of school outfit and use #uptownbts to enter.
The photo with the most likes will win a $100 gift card. Five others will be chosen to receive a $50 gift card.
You must enter by September 15, 2014
and your profile must be public.
Rules and Terms:
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored or administered by Instagram. You are providing your information to Uptown Cheapskate and not to Instagram.
- Photo must be an original photo.
- Participants must be located in the United States and at least 18 years of age (or legal majority in your state) to participate and submit a photo in this promotion.
- Prizes left unclaimed for 30 days will be returned to company. Prizes can be given as a gift.
- Uptown Cheapskate will determine giveaway recipients in its sole and absolute discretion and reserves the right to modify and change promotion without notice.
- As a participant in the promotion you will be required to privately (through direct message, email, or other secure, private means) provide your name, address, age and other personal information necessary to receive the prize, if you are selected as a prize recipient.
- Each winner of a prize in a Promotion is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes on any prize), regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used.
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree to (i) be bound by the Official Instagram Giveaway Rules, including all entry requirements provided at the time the Promotion is announced and/or promoted, and (ii) waive any and all claims against Uptown Cheapskate and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates for any injury, damage or loss of any kind that may occur, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion.
- Each winning Participant, by acceptance of prize, grants to Uptown Cheapskate and each of its respective designees the right to publicize his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph provided in connection with the Promotion, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose (“Winner Information”) in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Participants may not take actions that are negligent, injurious or reckless in pursuit of any prize offered in connection with a Promotion. Participants who do not follow this rule or who otherwise participate in a Promotion in an unsportsmanlike manner will be disqualified from the Promotion. Participants are solely responsible for any injuries or other damages that are caused from their behavior. Participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages or injuries of any kind with respect thereto.